
Picking out the pumpkins. Alyssa still hadn't picked just the right one by the time we took the picture!

Tori and Alyssa's school had a Storybook Pumpkin Patch where you could decorate a pumpkin to look like any storybook character. Tori picked the cat from "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake." She did hers entirely herself, and I think she did a wonderful job!

Alyssa picked Fancy Nancy from "Fancy Nancy, Bounjour Butterfly." We could not figure out how to do crazy red curly hair. After several attempts with different mediums, we found that wrapping thin strips of red posterboard around a pencil created a fun and crazy look. Alyssa painted the entire pumpkin and helped curl and place all the hair. Then we added several "accessories" to make her extra fancy! Oui! Oui!
And of course Mackenzie had to get in on the decorating. What else would it be other than her very favorite thing! ELMO!
And finally, last night for FHE we decorated pumpkin shaped sugar cookies.
5 comments:
what creativity you have in your home...i love those cute pumpkins!
Amazing...Maggie is going to love Fancy Nancy, that is IF I show it to her. I know her head will start spinning with creative decorating ideas and I do not know if I have the energy to pull out all the crafty stuff. Way to go Super mom! Happy Halloween!
I love them. They all turned out so cute!!!
Those are some pretty cool pumpkins! We miss you guys! What are we going to do over the holidays coming up?
You can always come down to Houston for Thanksgiving Carrie!!!
Post a Comment