Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mona's Another Year Older. . .

The past two years our first posts have been about our annual trip to the Downtown Houston Aquarium. There was another big trip this year, but unfortunately Mackenzie woke up with a fever and feeling terrible that day. So I ended up staying home with her and Kira and a kind friend took Tori and Alyssa. They were excited to still be going, but we were a little sad to miss out on the yearly adventure. Next year!

I had a great birthday this year. Tori was really cute and put these little notes that say "Happy Birthday" all around the house in random places: in the refrigerator on the milk, the microwave, on the baby gate going upstairs, on the baby wipes. I left them up for several days because they made me smile every time I saw them.

 
 Alyssa made me a cute card and matching bracelets for her and I with red pipe cleaners and red paper hearts.  They were each half of a heart, one for her and one for me.  Mackenzie made me a great picture as well.  Ben and I went to Macaroni Grill on the weekend, and he helped me make this yummy peanut butter cup cake I've been wanting to try.  I'm a peanut butter and chocolate fanatic and this was the best tasting cake ever.  Chocolate cake layers with peanut putter frosting and crushed peanut butter cups in between.  Then the whole thing was covered in peanut butter frosting and topped with a chocolate ganache.  We used some of the extra peanut butter frosting and peanut butter cups to decorate the top.  Yum! 
Ben and the girls surprised me with a new bike and bike trailer for my birthday.  It's been really fun to be able to go for a bike ride with the younger two girls. 

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

Next time we come I would love to go the aquarium I love that kind of stuff. Sounds like you had a very special day. I'm thinking you should come out for my birthday and make my cake if not it will be yet another year I have to make my own. If only Erik would be around I know he would make me one. But that looks so yummy

Followers