Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dining Room Remodel

We decided to update our dining room since it needed a fresh coat of paint anyway and has been dying for a remodel.  I loved the look of stenciling one accent wall that I have seen lately in some model homes in the area.  It took about 9 hours to paint over the course of a Friday and Saturday.  The process itself was pretty easy once I got the hang of it.  The trick is to practice on poster board first and then use very light coats of paint to go over the pattern several times.  I also used a stencil spray adhesive to help adhere the stencil to the wall so that there was less leakage.  We love how it turned out.  We painted the other walls a similar color to the one already there and later added curtains and a painting.  I call it my Chinese inspired room.


No comments:

Followers