Our little Alyssa turned 5 yesterday! My dad always jokes that when you turn 5 you're a whole hand. I always thought that was a fun way to make a birthday extra special. Alyssa had a
Fancy Nancy party this year. We asked all the little girls to come dressed fancy, and it was so fun to see what they came up with. Each of the girls started off by making some fancy bracelets. Then we read a Fancy Nancy book in case the girls didn't know about
Fancy Nancy. Tori helped get the girls all dolled up with some glitter makeup and fruity lip gloss. Then we went upstairs to the "boutique" and got their Fancy stuff. They got to pick out Fancy boas, jeweled flower hair clips, butterfly wands, and necklaces. Then we had a fashion show where the girls showed off their fancy
ensembles. The girls then decorated their butterfly placemats with jewels and stickers. We then ate our fancy food of fruit kabobs, strawberries dipped in whip cream and sprinkles and we finished with fancy cake and ice cream. We had a great time and Alyssa had a great time celebrating in style with her friends.

Fancy ensembles with accessories!

Making fancy bracelets. Oh la! la! So chic!

Opening presents. "Thank you, darling"

A few of the decorations that helped make the party so fancy. Top row: Fancy cake with ribbons and real flowers on top, Fancy mini goblets from Ikea, Fancy hanging flower ball. Bottom row: Canopy with flowers and butterflies hanging down, Fancy teapot with purple and pink flowers.
Things We Love About Alyssa:
1. We love that you love to snuggle.
2. We love your toothless smile.
3. We love that you are a very caring sister who makes notes and presents for all of us.
4. You like to be silly and make us laugh. We love the funny things you say: "What the?" "Good grief" etc.
5. We love your determination and energy for life. You attack anything you try head on.
6. We love your silly questions and funny giggle.
7. We love that you are so easy going and can roll with the punches.
You've been a wonderful addition to our family! We love you!
Here is a little picture trip down memory lane. It seems like only yesterday that she joined our lives. . . .

Alyssa only a few days old.

3 months

6 months

1 year

18 months

2 years

3 years

4 years old

5 years old now!
We love you Alyssa!
7 comments:
Holy Cow looks like so much fun. I wish I could have been there. You go all out. I loved all the decor. I hope she had a really awsome birthday. We love and miss you Alyssa.
I just showed the pictures to Marissa and she said "How come I wasn't invited?", and I told her because you live in Texas now and she said "OHHHH..." all disappointed. ;0(. We miss you! I remember all of those stages of Alyssa. What a cute little girl.
Every last detail was amazing! Madisen squealed with delight when recounting every event. It was a fancy girl's delight.
Too bad we live miles away, I think our girls could be best of friends. Maggie loves Fancy Nancy!
Happy Birthday Alyssa!!! We miss you guys way too much... MOVE BACK!!!! Kylie keeps asking for Alyssa, I have to keep telling her you MOVED FAR AWAY!
Wow! What a cute birthday party. I might have to steal some of your ideas. We miss Alyssa. Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday Alyssa!! What a fun and creative party!!
Post a Comment