Saturday, September 11, 2010

End of Summer and Back to School

I'm a little delayed in posting, as a few friends reminded me recently, so here is a summary of what we've been up to lately. It's a potpourri of pictures. (Isn't that a fancy phrase!)

Tori started horse back riding lessons in August. She absolutely loves it even if she does get dirty and it stinks.

We went to Lake Conroe and swam in the lake with friends the week before school started. Tori was excited there were some friends her age.


We took a quick trip to Oklahoma for an extended weekend in August. Here is Mackenzie experimenting with goggles (which are upside down)! She has turned into quite a daredevil and will jump in the pool with no fear whatsoever. It's good because she can hold her breath briefly and doesn't mind putting her face in the water, but we've really had to work on her waiting until we are nearby. She's even gotten really good at keeping her balance in her yellow tube so she doesn't want anyone to hold her.

Here is Tori the first day of 4th grade. This will be her last year at this elementary school before she goes to "intermediate school" for 5th and 6th grade. She has liked all of the 3 teachers she has this year. Her homeroom teacher is science, math and social studies. Another teacher is writing and another teacher is reading. She absolutely hates when I take her picture like this in public, but she was somewhat accomodating this day. Just be glad, Tori, I don't make you stand out on the side of the highway near a sign that says "Mona 9 miles" when you're 9 years old. Oh wait. . . those are my issues with pictures, not hers.

My baby starting kindergarten. Okay, not really my baby anymore. I can't believe how quickly time flies! I said the same thing when Tori started Kindergarten. With Alyssa it's worse though because she goes all day. She has enjoyed her teacher and is making some new friends in her class. She gets pretty worn out though and told me the other day she just misses when we would get to snuggle together in the afternoons. I miss it too!

I stick Mackenzie in the laundry basket all day after the girls go to school. Just kidding. This is the crazy little one being funny one day. I wish I could capture her funny mischievous smile sometimes. We've had fun with one on one time, and have stayed busy with library story time, playgroup, music class and playing time with mom. I've also noticed she's started speaking more since it's just the two of us home. Funny how that happens when she has to speak for herself to get what she wants!

4 comments:

Christensen family said...

Ok I am so glad you posted. I didn't know Tori was taking horse riding lessons that is awsome. I realy enjoyed talking with you the other day we so need to do it more!!!

Amber said...

It's fun to see the beginning of school pictures. I also like Mackenzie in the basket. ha ha ha!

Tori is going to be a little cowgirl isn't she? She's always had a love for horses.

Anonymous said...

I love your family updates! Looks like you are having fun with your girls...the photo with Mackenzie in the laundry basket...it says 1000 words (love it)! Brogan started Kindergarten as well and tells me "Mom, let's snuggle when I get home". And, of course, I think that's the best suggestion EVER!

Nicole said...

I"m glad to see you're enjoying Texas and some swimming in September - nice! For some reason I always think of you during Halloween-time. . .and Tori's cute flower costume!

Followers