Monday, April 25, 2011

No more pacifier for the big girl

We held a party to get rid of Mackenzie's pacifiers this month. She has been getting more addicted to them rather than less as she's getting older. Not a good sign. We finally decided it was time to nip the problem in the bud especially before she got old enough to get rid of her naps. We built it up all week telling her she was a big girl and that we were going to have a pacifier party and get rid of all the pacifiers. We played a little game where everyone tried to throw the pacifiers in a bucket. Then she got to get the scissors out and cut off all of the rubber nipples on the pacifiers then she threw them all away. We promptly took the garbage out to the garage and a few days later watched as the garbage man took them all away. We didn't save any for back up plans. I was committed this was going to be it. She had a little trouble the first night and for her nap. More trouble the second day and then struggled back and forth for about a week. After that she settled into a routine, and we're proud to say she can now fall asleep without one!



1 comment:

Christensen family said...

Congrats!!! I have been thinking that it time for that with Kambrie. But I am the baby about it this time and just want her to be my baby longer I guess. But what a wonderful idea. I'll totally have to give it a try.

Followers