Marching in the parade.
A close up of the costume.
The girls at the ward Trunk or Treat party. Kira was a zebra, Tori a Warrior Cat, Alyssa was Little Red Riding Hood and Mackenzie a cow girl.
Coming up with Mackenzie's costume this year was quite an adventure. She knew early on she wanted to be cowgirl. I was thinking, "Great! This will be a piece of cake." Give her a hat and some jeans and she's set, right? Apparently she had a very vivid idea of what a cowgirl wears. She had to wear her jean leggings because she's just not into jeans. We borrowed the pink cow girl boots and bandanna from a friend. Hat from the dress up box, and the jump rope and belt were found around the house. The shirt caused some drama. She swore she wanted a blue shirt. I looked around and couldn't find something so I reached out to some friends with boys. After getting a variety of blue shirts: plain blue, checkered blue etc. she ended up picking a long sleeve pink shirt from her drawer. We made the vest from felt and a pattern on-line. Then we added some fancy fringe to make it look authentic. We had a great time adding glitter glue to the felt star to make it shiny! Tori the Warrior Cat. Warriors is a book series that Tori is really into this year. I can't remember the name of the cat she is but they all have names like Wing Star and Lightning Kit. Maybe this is the last year, but she enjoyed hanging out and trick or treating with us this year still.
Can you guess what Ben was? An e-mail. Get it. . .an E and a male! I thought it was clever. I was a funky witch with tights that were just too small for a tall gal like me! I ended up cutting them off and making them into improvised knee highs for Halloween!
Trick or Treating at the bishop's house who lives right around the corner.
1 comment:
Looks like a super fun Halloween. I love all there costumes.
Post a Comment